Causeway Steak Stones & Hand Carved Platter - Hexagon
FREE DELIVERY OVER €50
1-3 business days across Ireland for in-stock items. Orders over €50
NO ADDED DUTIES
As an Irish retailer the price you see is the price you pay!
FREE GIFT RETURNS
FREE 90 day gift returns for parcel sized items. Exclusions apply.
One of a kind pieces inspired by the world famous Giant’s Causeway
- Polished basalt lava stone with hand finished edges for a flawless finish.
- Locally made hand-carved wooden serving platters in Brazilian mahogany upcycled from a church pew.
- Hexagonal design to maximise cooking area on a compact platter to free up table space for side dishes.
- Designed & commissioned in the Causeway Coast & Glens.
- Each collection is limited to a handful of pieces.
As it turns out stone is an exceptional cooking surface with a natural non-stick plane requiring little to no oil & a dry heat that locks in all of the delicious flavour.
After a light seasoning you can cook meat, fish and veg directly over the hot cooking stones as our ancestors did a millennia ago.
Upon this rock...
Our Genesis collection features a Brazilian mahogany platter upcycled from a discarded Church pew.
Known by tradesman as 'genuine mahogany', this wood is famed for it's durability as it was grown in it's native environment.
It's exceptionally rare today due to the high demand for cheaper imitation mahogany grown in plantations.
Local craftsman, Gordy Black, has done an exceptional job to breathe new life into this beautiful piece.
This collection in Hexagon is limited to a handful of pieces.
Basalt is an igneous rock formed formed from molten lava as it cools on the surface of the earth.
Basalt is an extraordinarily versatile material thanks to its density, strength & durability finding favour with architects, sculptors & masons across the ancient world.
As it turns out, basalt’s unique composition proves the perfect foil for cooking too.
It’s non-porous surface does not absorb liquid rather it's dry heat instantly sears sealing all the delicious moisture & flavour in your chosen cut.
A completely natural non-stick surface free from fats, oil & Teflon.
From the Atlantic to the Mediterranean...
The Giant’s Causeway teases the supernatural with it’s perfectly formed hexagonal geometry.
Over 40,000 basalt columns forged by fire & water acting as a beachhead separating land from sea.
Or according to legend, a footbridge to confront a rival..
The eruption that formed the infamous columns is believed to have happened some 60 million years ago.
Short on a steady supply of lava & reluctant to shave a few metres of raw material off a world heritage site, we instead cast our eyes towards the Mediterranean sea & the foothills of Mount Etna, Sicily.
The ancient Romans believed Vulcan, the God of fire, housed his forge beneath Etna. The word 'volcano' originates from his name.
Mama Etna, as it's affectionally referred to by Sicilians, is one of the most active volcanoes in the world making the surrounding towns a fertile area for vineyards, tourism & master stone masonry.
Our designs are commissioned to local masons in the shadow of Etna where our lava stones are precision cut to spec with water-cooled diamond tipped blades & smoothed by hand.
Our hand-carved wooden platters are unique one-off pieces thoughtfully made by local craftsmen.
The wood is ethically sourced from offcuts.
Instructions for use:
How to heat:
- Causeway lava stones are suitable for use in an oven, barbecue, hob or under the grill. Not suitable for induction.
- Ensure stone is bone dry before heating.
- Heat inside an oven at 250c for 40 mins or on a gas hob or 30mins.
- Suitable oven/BBQ gloves must be used when handling heated lava stones.
Sizzle test & serve:
- To check whether the stone is temp drop a teaspoon of water on the surface. This should burn off within 5-10 seconds.
- If not, continue to heat until ready.
- Once ready place the stone inside the serving platter.
- The platter has been carefully recessed into the platter to retain heat & reduce exposure to hands whilst cutting. The stone will retain a searing heat for 20 minutes.
- Season the surface with a light coating of olive oil & cook.
- Suitable for handwashing only with a sponge or cloth. Do not use chemicals or detergents.
- Allow the stone to cool to room temperature before washing in case of thermal shock caused by a sudden change in temperature.
- If in doubt, do not touch the stones with bare hands until certain they are cooled down. Lava stones heated to 250c may take over 60minutes to cool. When heated on a BBQ this process may take longer.
- Wood platter will discolour over time due to the heat from the stone.
NB ** Packaging is repurposed from available materials & does not come in a mass-market gift box.
Delivery & Stock Status;
We pick, pack and dispatch quicker than anyone else in Ireland!
- Same day dispatch up until 1pm for in-stock items.
- Fully tracked parcel service
- Pre-advised time slot on day of delivery via email/SMS
Free delivery across Ireland for orders over €50 (€2 for orders below €50)
Upgrade to express delivery for €3.99 for in-stock items.
Bulky items such as large BBQs are shipped on a pallet service & require a mobile number for the carrier to book in the delivery slot.
Please check the availability bar above the product's price for a live stock status.
The headings are noted below;
In Stock: Ready to be shipped
- Item is in stock & will be shipped same day up until 1pm or the following working day.
In Stock: Low stock levels.
- Item is in stock but we are down to our last few units.
Lead time 3-5 working days:
- Item is on back order & we recommend ordering early to secure the next back of stock arriving.
Out of stock. Enquire for lead time.
- Item is out of stock & we will check availability upon request.
Free Gift Returns 90days*
If you've changed your mind about your purchase and it is in its original condition, you're welcome to return it to us within 90 days for store credit or within 30 days for a cash refund. As per below, exclusions apply.
- The goods must be returned factory sealed & in exactly the same condition that they were received less any additional transit packaging. Items that have been opened, tested and/or installed will default to our standard return policy.
- The serial number or unique identification code must match with the recorded details in our database.
- This service excludes large & bulky items such as BBQs, outdoor pizza ovens & TVs. These products are covered by our standard returns policy.
- Any special order items that have been ordered at the customers request (such as a colour variant or model that we do not typically range on our website).
- If in doubt, please check with a member of staff via our support or live chat function.
Sales & Technical Support;
We pride ourselves on our product expertise from Kamado Grills to Direct Drive Turntables.
Get in touch with the team with any technical or install questions.
Equally if you're shopping for a number of items you can give our sales team a try to see if we can offer anything extra!
Call: 015314489 10am - 4pm weekdays
Live chat: 9am - 9pm
No Added Duties;
All pricing includes VAT at the standard rate in Ireland of 23%.
There are no additional taxes/duties or payments due.